Monday, September 6, 2010

Adventure #73 - The 3D Movie

I remember seeing a 3D movie in Disneyland Paris when I was about 8 years old. Something with Michael Jackson in it. I thought it was a bit impressive and very well made.

But well, I was 8. So probably easily impressed.

Since a year or so, the 3D movies seem to have started being more and more common in cinemas and I really wanted to try watching one. So during my holidays, I went to the movies with my brothers and sister to see Shrek 4.



And I was not impressed at all.

First of all, I have to wear glasses to watch a screen or my eyes get very painful. Signs at the cinema desk said that you can wear the 3D glasses on top of another pair of glasses without any problems. Yes, you can, but it's not the most comfortable thing to watch a movie. And I don't know if it because I wear glasses but it took me some me to get used to the screen. My siblings - who don't need any glasses - didn't experience any problems or troubles.

And the 3D... well the 3D was not really impressive. At some points, yes, it was nice, but most of the time, I just felt like I was watching a high quality movie.

So was it the movie or is it me who is not made for the 3D experience? Have you tried? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment