Sunday, September 5, 2010

Adventure #72 - The Detox

After three weeks of holidays in France, too much wine, too much cheese and too much food, I was feeling extremely fat and my stomach was begging me to stop eating.

Since I've always wanted to try a detox, I thought that it was the right time. I think though that a detox can be dangerous if you don't really know what you are doing. So I only did it for one day. Not a deep clean then but still something to feel a bit lighter.



I started the day with a glass of water with lemon juice and honey (which apparently is very good to eliminate stuff from your body). I then had a lot of water, green and cranberry tea, a vegetable mix juice and broth made by cooking carrots, onions and brocoli all day long. I had looked up on several websites to find ideas about what to eat drink. A girl was doing quite the same thing as I did and had never felt hungry during this detox day.

We obviously don't have the same metabolism as I was starving and thought about the pain it would be to do this for more than a day. But also, the first days are probably the most difficult. Then you start needing less food and get used to only have juices and broth.

My advice though if you are planning on having a detox. Stay at home. You will need the bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment