Friday, May 14, 2010

Adventure # 031- The Photo Shoots

I know, I know. Chloe posted hers a long time ago. What can I say? I am a slacker and my brain works in a different way from everyone else's :)

I don't really know anything about Alexander McQueen. Had never seen his stuff, got the name confused with the actor Steve McQueen so I had no real emotion attached to the passing of this designer. But when Chloe asked me to participate so she could have the number of people she needed, I agreed. I had never been part of a photo shoot before.

The day arrived and we went down to the studio. There was a couple there, waiting to be photographed, so we waited too. It was a bit nerve-wracking to watch the people before me doing such a good job. I didn't know what I was going to do (if you have ever watched ANTM, you think it looks easy and with all of the free advice Tyra gives, you think you have it in the bag). One of the directors loves my tattoos, so my positioning and posing was all about showing them off to the best advantage. We started doing close-ups and I was adding drops to my eyes to simulate tears. At this point, I started to feel the emotion because I was wiping 'tears' away from my face and everything else.

Then it was over. I washed my face, got dressed and went about my day. A week or so later, some other friends asked if I could be a part of their efforts to promote their new business. I agreed and went on my second photo shoot. This time, I was pretending to be a trendy tourist interested in art galleries.

I like art galleries and I like to know about the artist and where the inspiration for the art comes from. It helps to have a connection to the art. So walking around the gallery and 'pretending' to be interested was easy. I was the only one to ask questions about the artists we were seeing and some background of the artwork. This helped it be more life-like I think. I haven't seen the pictures, but it was a fun experience anyway.

Here are the links to my short 'career' as a model! Enjoy! 
Alexander McQueen Shoot  and Back Stage Photos. For the McQueen shoot, our photographer was Yulya Bazzy  

Links for the 'Art Tourist' to be added soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment