Monday, August 1, 2011

Adventure #129, #095, #049, #048- Angela's Cooking

As you can tell by now, I LOVE to cook!  I am always trying new recipes and experimenting with different types of food.  Below is a list of things I decided to try.  Let me know if you want any recipes or have any challenging recipes for me!

#129- Tortillas In my hometown, they are easy to find and relatively inexpensive.  Here in the CZ they are harder to find and they are almost 2x the price.  So one rany afternoon I decided to give them a try.  Flour, salt, butter and water, 30 minutes.  That's it!


#095- Hollandaise Sauce this recipe isn't complicated, just difficult to complete.  You have to whisk in small blocks of butter until creamy, occasionally holding it over heat.  My arm died so I had to have David and Gregoire help me.  It was a very good sauce and oooo, so decadent! I felt like I had earned it though after the hour of stirring!

#049- Apricot Jam The Czechs love apricots.  They grow them at home and sell them on the streets for $2 (40kc) a kilo (1kg=2.2lbs). I used this recipe and added some strawberries.  I also substituted 1/2 of the white sugar with brown (because I ran out and was too lazy to go to the store).  The recipe was great because it wasn't for a specific amount, so you could make as much (or as little) as you wanted. The recipe is also vegetarian (sometimes gelatin is made with animal bi-products and who can tell in the CZ??)  It came out a little too done, aka rubbery, but I tossed the contents of the open jar into a pan with some water and reheated.  The jam came out the perfect consistency, without too much effort!  PS My favorite part of this recipe? The syrup!  I have been eating it in and on everything!

#048-Mayonnaise  made with egg, oil and mustard, this is a simple recipe that just needs a little finesse and practice.




No comments:

Post a Comment